Sunday, 23 Jul 2017
Banner
Home News 5 teenagers die of asphyxiation af...
Saturday, 18 March 2017 17:40

5 teenagers die of asphyxiation after switching on generator in Raichur

E-mail Print PDF
Share

Hubballi, Mar 18: Five teenagers, who allegedly switched on a diesel generator following a power cut on Thursday night, died of asphyxiation in Lingasuguru town of Raichur district on Friday. While four of them were found dead on the premises of Chetan Sound Office, a local sound engineering shop, the fifth person died in a hospital.

hqdefault"When the shop was opened on Friday morning, four of them were found dead; the fifth person was still alive, struggling to breathe," said Lingasuguru police, who visited the spot and took stock of the situation. Suresh Gaddeppa Datar, 18, was rushed to a local hospital and later shifted to Bagalkot Hospital, where he died in the evening.

On Thursday, all five worked till midnight and then decided to stay back in the shop itself.

Power supply snapped some time in the night following a downpour. Police said the teenagers might have switched on the diesel generator to ensure uninterrupted power supply. "Prima facie, it looks like they died of asphyxiation after inhaling carbon monoxide emitted by the generator," said a police officer. "However, the real reason will be known only after a thorough probe," he added.

Police said all five were employed with Chetan Sounds, which also provides generator service in and around Lingasuguru. The four other deceased are Adappa Renukavva, 18, Moulali Buddesab, 18, Manjunath Shivaraj, 19 -all residents of Karadkal village - and Shashikumar Mahantesh, 18, of Yakranal village.

 

Add comment

1. Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
2. Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
3. Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
4. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid rejection.


Security code
Refresh (click the refresh link if image is not clear)

In the News

mla.jpg

Thiruvananthapuram, Jul 23: The Kerala Congress today suspended its MLA M Vincent from ...

adar.jpg

Mumbai, Jul 23: In a quiet display of dissent, numerous taxpayers across the country have ...

indu-sarkar-posters.jpg

New Delhi, Jul 23: 'Indu Sarkar', a film on Emergency to be released on Friday, will hurt ...

gambit.jpg

Bengaluru, Jul 23: The government’s attempt to get specialist doctors to name their ...

NEET.jpg

Kolkata, Jul 23: Union Human Resource Development minister Prakash Javadekar has said ...

Child_Rights.jpg

Udupi, Jul 23: The district administration has decided to form separate task forces or ...

ASO.jpg

Bengaluru, Jul 23: Students vying for a coveted medical seat under the NRI and management ...

tomato.jpg

New Delhi, Jul 23: With tomato prices' skyrocketing, it has become important in the whole ...

ashoa.jpg

Mysuru, Jul 23: Describing the murder of RSS worker Sharath Madivala in Bantwal as ...

[1 Comment] Read
culcharal_forum_2.JPG

Mangaluru, Jul 23: The Karnataka Cultural Foundation has prepared a team of 300 ...

[1 Comment] Read
death_1.jpg

Mangaluru, Jul 22: A 10-year-old boy on Saturday drowned in a stone-quarry pit at a ...

[1 Comment] Read
vincent-story.jpg

Thiruvananthapuram, Jul 22: Congress MLA M. Vincent was arrested by Kerala Police on July ...

jain_in.jpg

Mangaluru, Jul 22: A woman has lodged a complaint in Bajpe police station against ...

sv.jpeg

Bengaluru, Jul 22: The Congress high command has reportedly asked chief minister ...

dhananjay.jpg

Mangaluru, Jul 22: Venur Dhananjay Kumar, the former union minister and BJP’s first MP ...

Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner