Bal Bharat Srujanotsav off to a colourful start

January 23, 2012

BL_23jan_5

Pilikula, January 23: The four-day national-level Bal Bharat Srujanotsav got off to a colourful start as thousands of children from various parts of the country and state thronged Pilikula Nisargadhama near here on Sunday.

This is the first ever Srujanotsav to be held outside Delhi. Nearly 4,000 children, including 1,430 from 20 states and union territories, descended in droves at the Pilukula venue in a procession which started from Vamanjoor junction, about two km from the venue.

Deputy Speaker N Yogish Bhat initiated the procession as he banged on a drum with the sticks with the assistance of 10-year-old boy Sampath from Bidadi. He was accompanied by Bal Bhavan Society President Sulochana G K Bhat, Deputy Commissioner Dr N S Chennappa Gowda, Zilla Panchayat Chief Executive Officer Dr K N Vijay Prakash and others.

The procession was unique, for it was children between the age group of 10 and 16 who danced to the songs in groups wearing colourful attires and led the procession. A group of children from Bidadi associated to Bal Bhavan in Bangalore were the centre of attraction as the small kids easily carried the huge headgears while performing Pooje Kunitha, Karaga, Veeragase and other dance forms.

Jaya Tandel and Chinmaya from Daman, in the city for the first time were excited to present their machi (fisher folk dance) apart from dandiya, Portuguese and tribal dances in the festival. Their teacher Deepika Sahani said they had taken part in Children's Mela held in Delhi twice.Virat Gowda and Manjunath from Kodagu were in the traditional Coorgi attire and will present a slice of Kodagu. Virat said he had been to festivals in Delhi. G Nageshwari from Odissa will present sambalpuri and Odissi dance at the four-day event. Shakuntala A, deputy director, Women and Child Development, said that there were 30 teams from the state and 50 members team each of the Bal Bhavan societies from five taluks of the DK district. Divya Narayanappa, administrative officer, Bal Bhavan Society, Bangalore said the fest had moved out national capital for the first time.

"For the past 35 years, Delhi was the venue for the event. The objective to move out of the national capital is to bring out the hidden talents in children through four mediums - science, creative writing, creative performance and creative art (painting, collage etc),'' she said.

Women and child welfare minister C C Patil said that the fest was provided Rs 69 lakh through Bal Bhavan and the state was giving Rs 25 lakh. "We will supplement if there is a shortfall,'' he added.

BL_23jan_1

BL_23jan_2

BL_23jan_3

BL_23jan_4

BL_23jan_6

BL_23jan_7

BL_23jan_8

BL_23jan_9

BL_23jan_10

BL_23jan_11

BL_23jan_12

BL_23jan_13

BL_23jan_14

BL_23jan_15

BL_23jan_16

BL_23jan_17

BL_23jan_18

BL_23jan_19

BL_23jan_20

ALBUM

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.