Udupi/Bengaluru, Jan 12: Karnataka home minister M B Patil today said despite maximum efforts made by the state government besides the Indian Navy and Coast Guard launching separate search operations, there was no clue about the missing seven fishermen who took a voyage for deep sea fishing from Malpe fishing harbour in Dakshina Kannada on December 13.
The last contact was made by the fishermen on December 15 and ever-since the GPS enabled boat went out of the radar and various agencies have been making efforts to locate the missing fisher-folk.
Mr Patil said that the investigation into the missing of seven fishermen, was still going on and so far no clue was found on their survival in the deep seas or if they had safely reached other shores.
The family members missing fishermen from Udupi and Uttara Kannada districts are living between hope and despair, while the police struggle to unravel the mystery of how the boat from Malpe disappeared off Goa coast.
Two days ago, two teams of fishermen from Udupi, along with the district police, left to Sindhudurg in Maharashtra to search for the missing fishermen.
No trace of missing Malpe fishermen even after 28 days